The 2022 Particles in the Americas (PiA) Virtual Conference will take place between June 13 to 17, 2022.
The mission of PiA is to bring together the scientific, academic and technical community from the American continent to study, evaluate and disseminate information and knowledge across the spectrum of disciplines related to sedimentation and sediment transport processes. PiA focuses on the science, engineering, monitoring and modelling of erosion and transport of particles, and promotes activities to improve the management of natural resources, mitigation and reclamation decisions for the benefit of the environment and society. Abstracts related (but not limited to) to the following topics are welcome!
- Methods for Sediment Monitoring, Measurements and Characterization
- Sediment Processes Assessment and Modeling
- Reservoir Sedimentation Management and Control
- Sediment in Coastal and Marine Environments
- Sediment Habitats, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Stream/River, Wetland and Coastal Restoration
- Assessment, Restoration and Reclamation of Mining Influenced Soils
- Sediment Management Policy and Implementation
More information can be found on the PiA website.
- Early Bird registration: February 4th to May 13th, 2022
- Speaker/Author registration deadline: May 13th, 2022
- Notification to authors: April 8th, 2022
- Abstracts submission deadline: February 4th, 2022
- Conference date: June 13-17th, 2022