Prof. Dr. Jiun-Chuan Lin
- Slope erosion – Mechanisms of soil erosion and slope erosion in mudstone and conglomerate rock area. Data acquisition systems were developed through research projects.
- Coastal geomorphological study and hazardous study – Coastal landforms and potential hazardous zoning since 1991 through series of research projects which were sponsored by Ministry of Interior, Environment Protection Agency and Taiwan Provincial Government.
- Management and Monitoring of sediment yield within small scale watersheds.
- Environmental, geographical education and sustainable development
- Land Monitoring
- Landscape conservation and geopark
"Taiwan can be a hot spot for island studies. Taiwan can also host workshops for SE Asia countries."
Which themes and hotspots of Future Earth Coasts are you addressing with your work?
Themes: Dynamic Coasts, Human Development and Coasts, Pathways to Coastal Sustainability
Hotspots: Small islands, Urbanization in coastal zones