The conference aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and policy makers to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Ocean Governance in the Western Indian Ocean. It will provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns, as well as practical challenges, encountered and solutions adopted in ocean governance under eight broad themes under the umbrella theme of Ocean Governance.
1. Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture
2. Marine Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Management
3. Biodiversity conservation, Pollution and Habitat loss
4. Oceans Accounting
5. Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) and Ocean Governance
6. Co-Design, transdisciplinary research, stakeholder engagement
7. Deep-Sea Research
8. Legal and institutional analysis of marine governance
WIOGEN works on enhancing the science to policy interface and this is why (A) scientific papers to be considered for publication in the WIOJMS, (B) conference contributions, and (C) stakeholder publications such as policy briefs, reviews, opinion pieces or story-driven narratives are encouraged. Abstracts will be evaluated on their relevance to ocean governance, in particular, regional ocean governance. Please submit your abstracts by June 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org.