Sustainability Research & Innovation 2020 (SRI 2020) | 14-17 June 2020 | Brisbane, Australia
>> Call for Session Proposals open until Tuesday, November 15, 2019 <<
Future Earth and the Belmont Forum are launching an innovative global event series focused on Sustainability Research & Innovation (SRI).
SRI brings together a global community of changemakers, driven by a common goal to accelerate transition to sustainability.
Practitioners, researchers, funders, innovators, thought leaders, policy-makers, and industry partners across the broad spectrum of communities working to solve local to global sustainability challenges are invited.
SRI aims to:
- Foster productive and solutions-oriented dialogue between disciplines and sectors
- Build transdisciplinary science and innovation community, inclusive of all sectors and knowledge streams
- Share the latest research and knowledge and provide a dynamic venue for training, mentoring, valorization, and synthesis
- Foster green entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation
- Develop evidence-based plans and strategies together to advance sustainability pathways
- Provide an interactive space for sustainability funders to explore new partnership models
- Increase the use of sustainability research through effective public communication, including youth, messaging
- Legitimize sustainability as a career through the formation of a professional society
Thematic pillars of SRI2020:
- Sustainable Solutions from the Global South: Flipping the script on sustainability, introducing perspectives and lessons from the Global South, finding partners from the Global North, and exploring the differences.
- Integrated Action for the SDGs: Identifying pathways to societal transformation, mapping actors, and evaluating synergies, trade-offs, and risks.
- Knowledge-to-Action: Advancing sustainability science through knowledge co-design.
- Sustainability for Whom?: Encouraging diversity and inclusion to advance sustainability throughout generations.
Other ways to engage
- Prepare your individual proposal. Once accepted sessions are announced, there will be a subsequent call for abstracts in which you can propose contributions into accepted sessions and open sessions.
- Become an SRI sponsor. Help to make this a sustainable and accessible congress for years to come. Congress sponsors play a critical role by supporting the costs for both hosting the congress, and participation of innovators and researchers from lower and middle income countries.
- Attend SRI. Registration will open in January 2020.
- Stay connected. Receive SRI updates by following @SRICongress on Twitter or Instagram. You can also subscribe to SRI2020 updates through the website and follow the conversation using #SRI2020.
See further details on the SRI website: https://sri2020.org/
Find the session submission page here.