The East China Normal University is looking for a new Director to head the State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research in Shanghai, China
The East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the most prestigious universities in China. Hosted by ECNU, the State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research (SKLEC) has fulltime academic staff around 80 and a wide range of research facilities and laboratories of high international standard. SKLEC focuses on various processes in the estuaries and coasts and the response to the human activities and climate change, aiming to provide scientific support to the sustainable economic and social development in coastal areas. The main research directions in SKLEC include: Estuarine and coastal dynamic process and geomorphologic evolution, Estuarine and coastal ecology and environment, and Estuarine and coastal human activities and sustainable development.
Now, East China Normal University is looking for a new director of the State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research. Warmly welcome outstanding domestic and foreign experts and scholars to apply for employment. Accept individual registration, expert recommendation or organization recommendation. The specific details are as follows:
1. Selection conditions
- Have good academic reputations and professionalism; High academic attainments and achievements recognized by counterparts in the subject field;
- age is better under 55 years old (the age can be appropriately relaxed under special circumstances);
- Have a doctor degree and professional experience in senior professional and technical positions (or equivalent to professor positions);
- Have strong organizational and management capabilities;
- Have innovative ideas for the management of the laboratory and academic research work;
- Be able to ensure full-time work in the laboratory.
2. Job responsibilities
- Responsible for the reorganization and development of the state key laboratory, to better solve major scientific issues and better serve major national needs;
- Attract and train outstanding academic leaders and young scientists, and optimize the structure of the research team;
- Organize and undertake major national and international cooperation scientific research projects, and obtain scientific and technological achievements of international advanced level;
- Strengthen domestic and international cooperation and exchanges of SKLEC, and further enhance its reputation and influence home and abroad;
- Improve the management of SKLEC to the advanced level in the world.
3. Relevant benefits
- SKLEC has good scientific research environment and conditions, and has relatively independent personnel rights and financial rights;
- A full-time supporting team to assist in the daily management of the laboratory;
- Provide good working and living conditions, preferential remuneration, and specific conditions are negotiable.
Qingkai Lin, the Science and Technology Department of East China Normal University
The deadline for applications and nominations is Friday, 11 December 2020. Please contact the relevant personnel to request the registration form, if you have a wish or a recommended candidate.
More information about the position is available：http://www.sklec.ecnu.edu.cn/node/6510